- By admin
- No Comments
CALL FOR PROPOSALS:
August – December 2013
Proposals due by COB May 17 2013
$650 per show (Main Space)
$200 per show (Paddy Lyn Space)
$200 per show (Foyer Space)
Constance, formerly known as Inflight, is calling for exhibition proposals for the second half of 2013. Now celebrating 10 years this year marks a momentous new direction. Constance provides a platform for emerging and experimental artists to push the boundaries of their existing practice for the exhibition of new and challenging work. Artists/curators from any level of experience are encouraged to apply; however application does not guarantee acceptance and all applications will be assessed against the selection criteria below.
• Quality of recent work or work in progress, well documented
• Strength and innovation of the proposed exhibition/ project
Please include the following information in your application:
1. Cover page – include name, postal address, contact phone number and email address of a nominated contact person. Also include preferred month and exhibition space (Main, Foyer and/or Paddy Lyn Space) and proposed title for exhibition (1 A4 page).
2. CV and/or biography – please keep concise and arts related. (1 A4 page per artist)
3. Project Description – a brief description of how you envisage the proposed project in the Main, Foyer and/or Paddy Lyn Space. Indicate the scale/size of proposed work and intended use of the space(s). Mention any special requirements for install and equipment (projector, plinth, dark room etc.). (Maximum 300 words)
4. Rationale – a concise statement of the ideas and concepts informing your arts practice and how you propose to develop these further in this project at Constance. (Maximum 300 words)
5. Support material – 6 images for a solo exhibition and 12 for a group exhibition. Video or sound files must be limited to 5mins in total. Include a list of support material details with the full credit information (name, title, year, dimensions and medium). We accept emailed digital files or posted on a CD/DVD (72 DPI, 480 x 640 pixels max).
• Exhibitions run for a three-week period with a one-week turn around.
• A projector is available for hire at $50. You will need to supply your own AV gear / media player.
• Proposed exhibitions can include one, two, or all three spaces.
• Openings are concurrent; i.e. 1 opening will take place for all shows.
• Exhibiting artists are required to sit the exhibition on Saturdays or cover the cost of a sitter.
• Constance will assign a liaison officer from the Board that will correspond with and assist the artists/curators during install, exhibition period and de-install. The Director will also be available during office hours (Wed-Fri 10am-5pm).
• The Director and Board of Constance strongly encourage challenging, critical and focused discussion of exhibitions. The Director and Board of Constance coordinate public programs in correspondence with the participating artists.
Promotion and Opening
• Invitations are produced by Constance in hard-copy poster and card format and online through the Constance mailing list and partners. Priority is given to the Main Space and hard-copy invitations are not guaranteed for the Foyer or Paddy Lyn.
• Exhibitions and events at Constance are advertised on the website, Facebook, Twitter and listed in Art Almanac, Art Guide, Hobart Gallery Guide, Warp magazine and other publications.
• A bar will run at openings by the Board and volunteers.
• Hard-copy proposals and image files on CD/DVD to Constance’ postal address: GPO Box 2094, Hobart, TAS 7001
• Email proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org Clearly label all attachments preferably sent as PDF, less than 4MB. Subject email as: “PROPOSAL Aug-Dec 2013”. Note: For ease of assessment it is preferable to submit applications and support material via email formatted into a single PDF.
For more information on the gallery and other details that may assist in preparing your proposal please contact:
Polly Dance Gallery Director
Office hours: Wed-Fri 10am-5pm
Gallery open: Wed-Sat 1-5pm W: www.constancearchive.dreamhosters.com
E: email@example.com M: 0429 536 432
DOWNLOAD FLOOR PLAN